On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 2:01 AM, Johnny Rosenberg
> David, I just realised that I accidently sent my last reply to you
> personally. I'm sorry for that. I am used to the OpenOffice.org mailing
> lists, with which I can just click Reply to reply to the list automatically.
> It seems like I can never get used to having to enter the address of the
> list manually or click Reply to all and then remove all addresses except the
> list's address.
> 2008/7/29 David Gowers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>> Hi,
>> On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 12:21 AM, Johnny Rosenberg
>> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> > Tried to edit the pre-loaded brushes, but they are displayed as Write
>> > protected. I located the brushes in /usr/share/gimp/2.0/brushes and I
>> > made
>> > myself owner and I gave the files all rights and I even did that to the
>> > folder itself (except I didn't change the owner of the folder).
>> >
>> > Still, the brushes are write protected, so I can't, for example, rotate
>> > them.
>> Set the folder as writeable in the GIMP folder preferences.
> Okay, replied:
> "I'm sorry to say this, but I couldn't find that. I found Folders →
> Preferences but I couldn't see anything to change there, except that I could
> and and delete search paths. I'm not sure I'm following…"
> Actually, I meant that I found File → Settings → Folders (or if "settings"
> should be replaced with "preferences", I have the Swedish version, so I am
> not really sure).
> However, David replied:
> Folders -> Brushes
> So here's my new reply:
> If you mean File → Settings → Folders → Brushes, I can't really see any
I suspect you are using an older version of GIMP (2.2.x). It's
important to specify the version of GIMP you are using when you make
bug reports -- especially between 2.2 and 2.4 there were a lot of user
interface changes.

> possibilities to set anything to writeable or even setting anything at all
> to what ever, except that I can add and delete search patchs for the
> brushes. There are a few buttons, but they are all deactivated. The buttons
> seems to be New, Up, Down, Delete and a green √.
The green tick is in the 'writeable' column in English.
If you don't find the translation of 'writeable' into Swedish correct,
perhaps you should report a bug in the Swedish internationalization of
Anyway, I hope that solves your problem.