2008/7/31 David Gowers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 2:01 AM, Johnny Rosenberg
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > David, I just realised that I accidently sent my last reply to you
> > personally. I'm sorry for that. I am used to the OpenOffice.org mailing
> > lists, with which I can just click Reply to reply to the list
> automatically.
> > It seems like I can never get used to having to enter the address of the
> > list manually or click Reply to all and then remove all addresses except
> the
> > list's address.
> >
> > 2008/7/29 David Gowers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >>
> >> Hi,

> the

> rotate
> >> Set the folder as writeable in the GIMP folder preferences.
> >
> > Okay, replied:
> >
> > "I'm sorry to say this, but I couldn't find that. I found Folders →
> > Preferences but I couldn't see anything to change there, except that I
> could
> > and and delete search paths. I'm not sure I'm following…"
> >
> > Actually, I meant that I found File → Settings → Folders (or if
> "settings"
> > should be replaced with "preferences", I have the Swedish version, so I
> am
> > not really sure).
> >
> > However, David replied:
> >
> > Folders -> Brushes
> >
> > So here's my new reply:
> >
> > If you mean File → Settings → Folders → Brushes, I can't really see any
> I suspect you are using an older version of GIMP (2.2.x). It's
> important to specify the version of GIMP you are using when you make
> bug reports -- especially between 2.2 and 2.4 there were a lot of user
> interface changes.

Sorry for forgetting to mention that. I use the GIMP 2.4.5, Swedish
version.

> > possibilities to set anything to writeable or even setting anything at
> all
> > to what ever, except that I can add and delete search patchs for the
> > brushes. There are a few buttons, but they are all deactivated. The
> buttons
> > seems to be New, Up, Down, Delete and a green √.
> The green tick is in the 'writeable' column in English.

Column? There are a few buttons right above the field where the (in my case
two) paths are listed. To the right of those buttons is the green "tick",
and it doesn't seem to be clickable, because it's not a button, as it seems
to me. When I click a path, the buttons bevome active and the tick becomes
green. Does this mean that the folder is writable? Because it doesn't work,
see my first post.

> If you don't find the translation of 'writeable' into Swedish correct,

Neither the buttons nor the tick has any text what so ever. And there are no
"columns", at least not what I mean by "columns", but my English is not too
good, as it seems.

> perhaps you should report a bug in the Swedish internationalization of
> GIMP.
> Anyway, I hope that solves your problem.

Sorry, it didn't and sorry for being so hopeless. I guess GIMP is just not
for stupid people like me.
J.R.