"David Gowers" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Hi David,

> Hi Paul,
> On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 6:02 PM, Csanyi Pal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>> I have a photo that I must to change so so the maximum Image File Size
>> will be 62,500 bytes, the 'Image Resolution' must be 320 pixels high
>> by 240 pixels wide, and the Image Color Depth must be 24-bit color.
>> The Image is in JPG format now, and has 2128 pixels width, 2832 pixels
>> hight, X-Resolution 72,000 pixels/inch and Y-Resolution 72,000
>> pixels/inch in the Gimp.

>> How can I know whether the Image has Color Depth 24-bit color?
> If the item selected in the Image->Mode menu is 'RGB'

This Image has only one layer, the background layer.
In the Image->Mode menu 'RGB' is gray but the 'Grayscale' and
'Index..' aren't gray, so I can select them.

But, in the Channels I can see there Red, Green, Blue and Alfa
channel, and in the Title line of the Image window there I can see:
ImageName.jpg-5.0 (RGB, 1 layer) 2128x2832.

I think that, that this Image is RGB, right?

Regards, Paul Csanyi