Hello Victor,

On Sun, Aug 24, 2008 at 12:21 AM, Victor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> When you described your problem, I thought 'his tablet is not sending
>> core events -- or, it's only sending core events occasionally'
> Did you notice that In the first message I mentioned that pressure
> _works_fine_ in inkscape and Krita? Even without commenting out mouse

Yes, that's one of the reasons I thought 'his tablet is not sending
core events -- or, it's only sending core events occasionally'. The
same thing happened to me when stylus wasn't sending core events -- it
worked in other programs such as Inkscape, only partially in GIMP. As
soon as I made it send core events, it worked fully in GIMP.

> section. Problem occured only in gimp. I.e. without commenting out mouse
> section, in gimp I could place a dot, but couldn't draw line, because cursor
> didn't move after touching surface of tablet. As I remember it, the cursor
> _pointer_ moved, but the _brush_ didn't. The first dot actually could receive
> pressure sensitivity information, because I could place larger or smaller dot
> with pen (pressure sensitivity enabled, size is controlled by pressure
> information).
>> I think that when you comment out the mouse, the stylus gains
>> CorePointer status.  If you're curious, you could try
>> Section "ServerLayout"
>>    Identifier     "X.org Configured"
>>    Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
>>    InputDevice    "Mouse0" "SendCoreEvents"
>>    InputDevice    "Keyboard0" "CoreKeyboard"
>>    InputDevice    "stylus" "CorePointer"
>> EndSection
>> to find out whether that is actually the case. (if it is, the above
>> should work just the same as commenting out the mouse line does.)
> I'll try it.
> No, this doesn't work. I can use tablet as mouse, I can place single dot in
> gimp (which receives pressure information), but once pen touches tablet,
> brush within gimp freezes, although _pointer_ moves according to pen
> position.

Okay. Thanks for satisfying my curiosity. I'm as baffled as you, at
this point :)