On Tuesday 23 September 2008 19:11, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> 2008/9/23 Kevin Cozens <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> > Dotan Cohen wrote:
> >> My printer has a stuck blue nozzle and I am trying to clean it.
> >
> > The simplest solution is to run multiple cleaning cycles to clear the
> > nozzles. I had an inkjet printer where multiple nozzles were clogged. It
> > took about three or four of the printers built-in cleaning cycles to
> > fully unclog all holes in all of the cartridges.
> I've run tens of passes. Everything is clean but the blue reservoir,
> which is stuck real bad. I'm cleaning it with spit, printing, spit,
> printing, but I have a long ways to go and I'd like to not waste the
> ink from the other reservoirs. That's why I'd like to print only blue.

Spit is probably one of the worst cleaning solvents you can use...
The nozzles are so small that particles in your spit will clog them.

This is how the printer technician at my work does it:
Place the cartridge head down in a shallow bowl with clean water.
Leave it in for a few hours, wipe it of gently with a clean cloth rag.
Do NOT use tissuepaper!
Make sure its dry before you place it back into the printer again.
This might have to be repeated, but its safe for the nozzles and ink.