On Wednesday 01 October 2008 02:56:41 pm Sven Neumann wrote:
> Finally we have done it and released version 2.6.0 of the GNU Image
> Manipulation Program. The changes from version 2.4 are best
> described in the release notes on
>   http://gimp.org/release-notes/gimp-2.6.html
> If you want to compile GIMP 2.6 yourself, you can grab the tarball
> from ftp.gimp.org or one of its mirrors:
>   ftp://ftp.gimp.org/pub/gimp/v2.6/
> Please note that there was a glitch in the 2.6.0 tarball on the FTP
> server that was corrected after a few hours. If in doubt, you can
> use the following information to check that you have the fixed
> tarball:
>   filename: gimp-2.6.0.tar.bz2
>   size:     15897821 bytes
>   MD5 sum:  e5ac955fee8b376d431e4693027d7640

I note in the explanation that there is no mention of using CMYK color
model, beyond what is already available in the preview feature.  Is
manipulation in the CMYK model in the works for some time in the
future?  Does the move to GEGL smooth the path to CMYK in some way?

John Culleton
Precision Typesetting
Able Indexers and Typesetters