Hi,

On Mon, 2008-10-06 at 01:13 -0400, Alec Burgess wrote:

> My layman's understanding was that when the Gimp 2.6 was built for
> Windows some version of something was out of sync with something else.

That's nonsense.

> Problem was located and fixed in CVS shortly after but unless/until a
> new Windows version is built and released, unless you know how to
> roll-your-own you (and all other Windows users )  are SOL.

That is also incorrect. We figured that the code that calls the default
web browser on Windows does not work for some users. As we have no idea
why this call fails, we have now added better error handling in this
part of the code. So in the next release, there should at least be some
sort of error message that will hopefully be useful when it comes to
locating the root of the problem.

Sven