Hi,

I think all these fine things could be produced with scripts or
plug-ins. I do work as webmaster, too. I am not a fan of scheme or lisp.
I rather use perl-gimp. I like the concept of the procedural database
very much. Unfortunately perl-gimp seems not being supported very much,
the last time. I  made a plug-in for buttons giving the base structure
and correct dimensions for printing. You only have to insert am image
afterwards as your main motif. Or I made a plug-in for using gocr out
from gimp. I doubt whether photo shop has this extendability.
But photo shop comes with a lot of features ready to use. People who
don't like to write a program first might be better of with photo shop.
I prefer GIMP.
But about procedural data-base: When I want to insert a path I have to
use PF_STRING. I didn't find a feature from which you can get a file
chooser dialog. That's a little bit nasty. Or is there an opportunity
and I didn't find it?