Hi Susan,

On Wed, Nov 5, 2008 at 11:12 PM, Susan Penter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi I am relatively new to doing much beyond cropping, I have learnt to
> correct the white balance etc recently.  I was wondering whether there was a
> plug in or built in tool that would remove the flare of flash when something
> is photographed behind glass.  This is not an image I took but one sent to
Your problem is not clear to me, it could be one or both of two things :
a) parts of image have been 'burnt out' by the flash (in which case,
there is no information that *can* be restored,
or
b) there are strange highlights across the entire picture caused by the glass

in case a) you might be able to use 'resynthesizer' plugin to
synthesize detail for the burnt out areas based on surrounding
textures.

In case b) you could first adjust the white-balance to seem more
natural, and then create a layer in 'subtract' mode filled with white
-- start painting with a fuzzy brush on that layer, trying to directly
counteract the highlighted areas.

There may be simpler solutions. I'm pretty sure there is not a
solution as easy as you're looking for.

David