I guess the title says it all.  The page for Gimp 2.5x said Metacity was the only Window Manager that properly supported utility windows.  The page for 2.6 doesn't say this, so I presume it is no longer the case.

I've found Openbox almost works properly, except that the utility windows stay above the file open and save dialogues.  Does anyone know if this is a window manager problem or just a Gimp bug or a GTK bug or something else?
Are there any other lightweight window managers that support utility windows?