2008/11/15 Sven Neumann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Hi,
>
> On Sat, 2008-11-15 at 02:53 +0200, Dotan Cohen wrote:
>> In KDE's KolourPaint one can open the Text tool, add text, and move
>> the text insert location while the text is in edit mode. How does one
>> do this in Gimp?
>
> You open the text tool, add text and move the text using your mouse or
> the cursor keys. How does one do this in KolourPaint?

Thanks, Sven. It seems that on my system (Kubuntu 8.04) one must close
the window labeled "Gimp Text Editor" in order to move the text. In
KolourPaint there is no separate text window, rather, the user opens a
text box in a fashion similar to the Select tool, and types directly
in it. The dimensions and placement of the text box in KolourPaint can
be dynamically resized via the mouse while the text is being edited.

Although I can use and get used to the Gimp behaviour, I prefer the
intuitive and versatile method presented in KolourPaint. As I am new
to Gimp, would it be a waste of developers' time to file an
Enhancement Request? I know that projects like KDE love these types of
usability requests, and other projects such as Mozilla hate them. In
which camp does Gimp lay?

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com