Thanks Chris for confirming my failed experience with 16-bit TIFF.
Does anybody know if the GIMP development version already supports such
feature?
Which schedule is estimated for such implementation?

Regards,

Octavi.

On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 23:32, Chris Mohler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 4:22 PM, Octavi Fors <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > could anybody read a TIFF or GeoTIFF image of 16 bits per pixel with
> > gimp2.6?
> > I'm getting an error saying that this bit resolution is not supported and
> 8
> > bits/pixel is used by default.
>
> I opened a 16-bit TIFF with GIMP 2.6 just the other day.  It
> complained that 16 bit was not supported, but it did open as 8-bit.
> 16-bit is coming closer to being in GIMP - but it will likely be some
> time yet...  I speak with no great authority - just from what I
> overhear on the user and dev list.
>
> Chris

Octavi Fors
Astronomy Department
University of Barcelona
Marti i Franques 1, 08028 Barcelona, Spain
e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] , skype:octavi.fors
Tel: +34 93 4039233  , Fax: +34 934021133