>Quoting LadyYepperz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>
>> My GIMP 2.6 is suddenly unusable, undescribable, unbelievable...
>> http://us.share.geocities.com/yepyepper/gimp.bmp
>> please follow the link to see why!
>
>I was unable to view your image, so this comment may be entirely
>offbase; however, a GIMP user reported on GIMPtalk.com[1] having
>problems with the Alduin "visual style" when running GIMP 2.6.2 on
>Windows. I do not use Windows and am not sure how visual styles might
>apply to your problem (or whether they do), but perhaps you could try
>changing to see.
>

>[1]
>http://www.gimptalk.com/forum/gimp%CA%B9s-character-encoding-unreadable-*solved*-t35596s50.html

I can open Gimp... but instead of words in the dialog windows & boxes ive got
small squares with numbers in them.  Ive tried reinstalling gimp several times
& even going back to a later version of gimp. But with the later versions i
get an error saying...

Gimp - 2.4.exe Entry Point Not Found
The procedure entry point g_content_type_from_mime_type could not be located
in the dynamic link library libgio-2.0-0.dll

I havent a clue what that means, can someone please help me? I am running
windows but everything you said after that went completely over my head.