On Mon, 2008-11-24 at 07:46 +0100, Tania M. wrote:

> Very sorry all, I forgot to give you the information about my system.  I have
> Gimp installed on my Mac OSX 10.5.5 Intel Macbook Pro.
> The new version of Gimp 2.6.3 is currently sitting on my desktop waiting
> patiently for me to give it a reason to be.

Did you download the source code or an installer for your system? If
it's a pre-compiled installer, then please ask the people who made this
package. There is certainly some information on the page you downloaded
it from. If you downloaded the source code, then you probably want to
look for a pre-compiled installer instead.