With both of your help I was able to get this working. Here is the end result:

http://dottedi.biz/codesamples/convert/index.php

It started with: http://dottedi.biz/codesamples/convert/test.jpg and is
processed through php, convert, composite.  To keep the image weight down I
tested -dept
8, 6 & 4 with the .png files. I don't see much difference.  Is there any reason
why the png -depth 4 should not be used on a web page.  I assume the IE pngfix
will still work with it.

-Bob

Johan Vromans wrote:
> Bob Meetin <b...@dottedi.biz> writes:
>
>> This seems simple, but I tried:
>>
>> convert -size 100x100 xc:none -fill red -draw 'circle 50,50 0,50'
>> red-circle.png
>> And numerous other variations, it either pushes one side too much or seems
>> to be one pixel too small.
>
> convert -size 100x100 xc:none -fill red -draw 'circle 49.5,49.5 0,50'
> red-circle.png
>
> convert -size 101x101 xc:none -fill red -draw 'circle 50,50 0,50'
> red-circle.png
>
> -- Johan

Bob Meetin
www.dottedi.biz
303-926-0167

Hook up with me on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Plaxo Pulse and Bebo
or catch my blog at www.dottedi.biz/blog.php

Standards - you gotta love em - there are so many to choose from!