On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 7:48 PM, Andrew R. <for...@gimpusers.com> wrote:
> Yes it does that but only to 1-bit. I want the colors reduced to a few colors.
> If I transfer the alpha layer to a channel in the layers section I can save
> the alpha layer. It can then be exported with the image as a PNG. However,
> I've found no way of reducing the number of colors in the alpha layer.

I just told you one.
It's true that GIMP doesn't know how to save indexed PNG with alpha
channel, you'll need a plugin or some other program to do that (after
saving as RGBA png); However the method I described is perfectly
effective at performing the reduction.

David

--
"I must create a system or be enslaved by another man's; I will not
reason and compare: my business is to create"