Thanks for the tip. Tried that, but am now getting the following message: "The
GIMP help browser is not available.The GIMP help browser plug-in appears to be
missing from your installation. You may instead use the web browser for
reading the help pages." I have installed the help files, so cannot really
understand why Gimp doesn't open them. What and where is the browser plug-in?