> Dear All,
>
> I am using GIMP 2.6.1 on Ubuntu 8.10
>
> I wonder if there is a way to combine a few images in one file, so
> that
> they will be placed side by side (something like tiles) in columns
> spanning across several rows? All images are of the same size which is
> predefined (7cm x 7cm). I want to print them as a single file.
>
> It looks like a trivial problem, but I cannot find a solution.
>
> Suggestions?

How many images?

Say there are 10 images and you want two rows.

File->New and set the size of the new image to 35cmx14cm and white
background

Then add 10 layers, name the layers picture1-picture10

Go to your first image and copy it

Select the first layer and paste it

Then position it

The anchor it

Then do image 2 on layer 2 as the active layer etc until all is done

Owen