On Sun, Dec 21, 2008 at 11:23:28PM -0500,
saulgo...@flashingtwelve.brickfilms.com wrote:
   > Quoting Olga Lyashevska <o...@herenstraat.nl>:
   > > I am using GIMP 2.6.1 on Ubuntu 8.10
   > >
   > > I wonder if there is a way to combine a few images in one file, so that
   > > they will be placed side by side (something like tiles) in columns
   > > spanning across several rows? All images are of the same size which is
   > > predefined (7cm x 7cm). I want to print them as a single file.
   > You can use the "File->Open As Layers" command to open multiple into
   > one image as separate layers.
If the OP's intention is just to place images in a matrix, I would also
suggest inkscape for the job. Placing and moving around is much easier
in inkscape.

Sridhar M.A.                                 GPG KeyID : F6A35935
  Fingerprint: D172 22C4 7CDC D9CD 62B5  55C1 2A69 D5D8 F6A3 5935

The most important service rendered by the press is that of educating
people to approach printed matter with distrust.