Quoting DJ <delphit...@yahoo.com>:

> I click the second pixel
> in the image and hold the ctrl key while dragging. What I want to
> happen is for the gradient to start at pixel 2 (where I clicked), but
> it's starting at pixel 1.  Is it possible to start a Gradient at
> pixel 2 (or where ever I click), or do I just need to redo pixel 1
> after the Gradient.

Blending is in essence a FILL operation and the entire selection (or
drawable, if no selection is present) will be filled as you draw your
stroke.

When you click-drag your mouse to draw your gradient, the mouse button
press and mouse button release specify the start and end points of the
gradient, but they do not specify the start and end of the "painting".
Regions between the start point and the edge of the selection are
filled with gradients initial color and regions between the end point
and the edge of the selection are filled with gradients final color
(in the direction of your drag operation).

You probably want to make a selection from the second pixel onward
before filling it with the gradient.