I have been playing with Gimp for about a year now. It is a pretty rich
featured application and I'm happy with it's output. It's not Photoshop but if
you do the budget, it becomes $800+ versus $0. Kind of a no-brainer.

I'm building a banner for a particular page on our website. I have repetitive
layers that I move around (M key). Everything has gone along just fine. I can
move each layer to where I want it and then "fix" each layer to the entire
canvas. OK. Good right?

Not!!!  Now when I am down to the very last two layers, the move function has
been lost, with the icon showing the cross through the circle indicating the
layer can't be moved. What the heck is up with that? I never had that issue in

Anyone seen this before?