One last thing I'll add to this...

script-fu.exe - Entry Point Not Found
The procedure entry point g_format_size_for_display could not
be located in the dynamic link library libglib-2.0-0.dll.

It appears script-fu.exe makes a function call to the DLL
file listed above.

Now, when I dump the exports using a Microsoft LINK.EXE app,
I notice that I have TWO different libglib-2.0-0.dll files.
One of them I find in the Common Files folder with the new
install of GTK, however those GTK files were NOT installed.
They were just copied from one place to another. And last,
the libglib-2.0-0.dll name does NOT exist in the registry.

So the script-fu.exe resides in a folder that does NOT have
a libglib-2.0-0.dll. And GIMP does not know where to look
for this particular file.

I would NOT like to put the gimp files in the PATH, so I
wonder why GIMP when it first runs knows where it placed
itself. But when you restart it it does not know how to
obtain the path of the executable. Okay, thinking about
this a little more, it's script-fu.exe that knows not
where GIMP and the DLLs reside.

So looking through the registry, I find some keys that
GIMP failed to clean up upon uninstalling...

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Applications\gimp-2.6.exe
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Applications\gimp-win-remote.exe

And so I correct the path inside the first key, and
delete the gimp-win-remote.exe key because that no
longer exists in the new versions.

I probably need to run something to get the system to
do a REGISTRY RELOAD. That's not a very proper term,
but let me try this and see what occurs.

Oh, well... I'll give up on this for the night and hope
I'll figure something out tomorrow.

--
Jim Carlock