On Sat, 2009-01-17 at 18:51 +0000, norman wrote:
> < snip >
>
> > Is there some way under gimp/Linux to print using the Epson 3800?
>
> My printer is only a modest Epson model but I must confess that I was
> always having problems. So, I decided that I would spend some money and
> buy some software called Turboprint and I have never regretted the
> expenditure. I believe there is a free download available to try.
>
> Norman

It looks like a useeful tool, but the list of supported printers seems
to be the similar to that  for gutenprint.  For example, its also lists
the 1800 and 2100 but not the 1900 and 2880.  It does list the the Pro
4800. but not the Pro 3800, so it is possible the latter works if you
specify the former.

I have started doing color management, and I can do that with photoprint
which uses gutenprint, so that may also be a limitation.