>I am using gimp 2.6.4 under Fedora 9.   I also have gutenprint 5.0.2.
>I have been using an Epson 1280. but I would like to be able to replace
>it if it fails.  (I just had a very hard time cleaning the printheads.)
>gutenprint tells me is supports the Epson Stylus Photo R1800 and R2400,
>but neither of these seems to be available.   Can I assume the Epson
>Stylus Photo R1900 is just an updated version of the R1800.  How about
>the Epson Stylus Photo 2880 and the R2400?
>Is there some way under gimp/Linux to print using the Epson 3800?

i have the epson r2400 that i have been using for some time with xp. i
recently have been trying to make it work with ubuntu 8.10 here is the
printer/driver data: Epson Stylus Photo R2400 - CUPS+Gutenprint v5.2.0-rc1.
the problem i have with it is that it won't print wider than 8.5" or longer
than 11".it just crops the image and prints it in one corner of a large format
paper. i believe that it is a problem with the driver, perhaps a #define'd
constant when there should be a variable in one of the routines. i'm hoping to
find a solution to the problem but until then i'm stuck with mrbill. i print
almost entirely large format, up to 13x26 inches.