From: "Gracia M. Littauer" <gra...@yadtel.net>
Sent: Friday, January 30, 2009 8:24 AM
Subject: [Gimp-user] anyone use Epson Stylus Photo R2880 Ink Jet Printer

> if so comments; love it, hate it?? Pros, Cons?

I provided one to someone who does professional printing and graphics. They
use Windows, but had problems installing it. It turns out that there was
something wrong with their Windows XP somehow. The printer works fine from
another Windows XP computer. As an interesting sideline, in my attempts to
find a solution as to why it would not install on their "bad" version of
Windows, I ran the Ubuntu 8.10 live CD on that same PC, not expecting the
printer to be recognised. Much to my surprise, it was, and it was
operational in just a couple of minutes. It produced an excellent test print
page.

The owner's comment some weeks later is, "it's a great printer." But I know
no more details than that.

--
Bob Long