Something is probably missing in the Golden Text
tutorial,in the website.The best I can
get is flat,uninteresting golden text following
the steps in the tutorial,and trying with several
parameters.The beautiful,rich,surface lighting(the
complexity of the golden light effects on the text
surface) presented seems so distant to reach.
I used the same environment map image of the tutorial,
and I did not do the gaussian blur on the bumpmap
(grayscale) the filter was not available.
I used gimp-2.6.4 and the lighting effects plugin
(standard in 2.6.4).
It seems the "story" was not completely told and some
kind of "secret" remains uncovered.
Anybody have tried to do the same with success?