On Mon, 2009-02-23 at 11:31 -0600, Rodney Clay wrote:
> I am new to using GIMP. Can I import images into GIMP from a scanner. If so
> what do I need
> to do to set up to do this. I have looked in the online manual but did not
> find an answer to my
> question.

On Linux:  install the SANE and XSane packages, including the XSane GIMP
Plugin.  Setting up SANE is a little confusing for newbies, but it just
takes a "Doh!" moment to realize it isn't that hard.

On Windows:  I think you need to configure your scanner with TWAIN,
whatever that is.

On Mac:  I have no idea.

GIMP does not have built in scanner support.  It utilizes whatever
scanner support is available from your operating system.
--
Michael J. Hammel <mjham...@graphics-muse.org>