Hi,

On Fri, 2009-03-06 at 11:14 +0100, Ismael Valladolid Torres wrote:
> Just installed GIMP 2.6.5 for Windows. As usual after installing any
> GIMP version in any system, I tried to recover a script-fu I
> programmed months ago. I simply unzipped it into
> %HOME%\.gimp-2.6\scripts and restarted the GIMP. I open an image and
> try to apply the script, and I notice there no longer is a script-fu
> menu anywhere.
>
> Under Filters I see a Script-Fu submenu with the options Console,
> Start server and Refresh scripts. My script doesn't appear under any
> of the Filters submenus. If I start the console and look for the main
> function defined in my script, she's there. But it appears as a
> "temporal procedure" (?)
>
> What I find amazing is that none of the scripts stored in C:\Program
> Files\GIMP-2.0\share\gimp\2.0\scripts appear anywhere either. Checked
> paths to scripts in program preferences and they're ok.

We dropped the Script-Fu menu completely as the user should not have to
care about the programming language a particular function is implemented
in. All scripts have been merged into the menus where they fit from a
functionality point of view. Scripts that still try to register in the
old Script-Fu menu are automatically redirected to the Filters menu. You
can use the Plug-In Browser from the Help menu to locate them.

Sven