http://docs.gimp.org/en/gimp-tool-clone.html#clone

From: gimp-user-boun...@lists.xcf.berkeley.edu
[mailto:gimp-user-boun...@lists.xcf.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of P AA
Sent: 13 March 2009 10:56
To: GIMP newsletter
Subject: [Gimp-user] Clone tool etc.

A friend has downloaded GIMP 2.2 Debian onto my ASUS 900 eee Linux
system.

I've been playing with it a bit to get familiar.  I cannot get several
of the tools to work. For example, when I click on the clone tool and
try to use it on an image, when I move the mouse to the image, the clone
tool has a 'forbidden' sign (circle with bar) above it, and I cannot use
it.

Truthfully, I had GIMP downloaded to my little laptop so I could make
basic manipulations to images:  brightness/contrast, cropping/clone tool
work, and now I can't get the clone tool to work!  Is it possible the
program was not properly installed?

Can someone please help?  If I have to download something, spell it out
for me, please....   :<)
If I have to reinstall it, please tell me what I have to type to do so.
The package itself is already in my computer (my friend used it to
install, but maybe not correctly??)

Thank you.

Jon Crowe
Software Developer
dsiNexdox

Tel: 0844 324 1000

DDI: 0844 324 1127

Web: www.dsicmmgroup.com
________________________________

Windows Live(tm) Contacts: Organize your contact list. Check it out.
<http://windowslive.com/connect/post/marcusatmicrosoft.spaces.live.com-B
log-cns!503D1D86EBB2B53C!2285.entry?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_UGC_Contacts_03200
9>

dsicmm ltd registered in England No. 2788181   VAT No. 625 7261 39

dsi talisman, dsi nexdox, dsi sameday, corporate mailing matters are trading
names of  dsicmm group ltd
dsi is a registered trademark of dsicmm group ltd

dsi colourworks ltd registered in England No. 5157949   VAT No. 848 8514 80
dsi billing services ltd registered in England No. 3823171   VAT No. 739 9806 71

This message and any attachments is intended only for the individual or company
to which it is addressed and may contain information which is privileged,
confidential or prohibited from disclosure or unauthorised use. If the
recipient of the transmission is not the intended recipient, or the employee or
agent responsible for delivering such materials to the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that any use, any form of reproduction, dissemination,
copying, disclosure, modification, distribution and/or publication of this
email message or it's attachments other than by its intended recipients is
strictly prohibited by the sender. If you have received it in error, please
notify us immediately by telephone on the number above and destroy the message
and all copies in your possession.