Dear Gimp users and developers,

I am interested in portrait photography and I found very good results
with the diagonal method crop.
This method looks very easy to implement, but for some reason it is
not available for Gimp.
I can't even find any plugin which does it.

I just found this old discussion thread:

Is there any specific reason why diagonal method can't be implemeneted
inside Gimp?
Do you know any plugin or script which implements diagonal method?

And last but not least - could you point me to any tutorial how to
write such scripts in Gimp?
Would be nice if I could do it in Python or C/C++.

Free Software - find interesting programs and change them
NetHack - meet interesting creatures, kill them and eat their bodies
Usenet - meet interesting people from all over the world and flame them
Decopter - unrealistic helicopter simulator, get it from