>I am running Gimp 2.6.4 from Windows XP.  If I try to print a 4 x 6 photo,
>setup selections to not stick for paper size/orientation.  I select 4 x 6
>my Canon i960's setup dialog, and the preview window shows that 4 x 6 paper
>selected.  I can scale the photo to fit 4 x 6, but, when I click the button
>actually print the picture, my Canon's preview window shows a 4 x 6 image
>the upper left hand corner of an 8.5 x 11 page preview.  If I press the
>to complete the print job, the photo will "fall-off" the physical media
>not printed in the proper position).
>My work around for now is to use another application for printing (CS4,
>Sony's Image Data Converter, etc.).
>Is this a bug or some other problem?

Had the same problem but never tried to solve it since I mostly use Linux.

But Gimp on all OSs does have issues with printing and that is Gimp's
achilles heal.

You might want to download and install Gutenprint and use the gutenprint
drivers.  That may work but there may be other issues with paper sizes there
also.  I am not sure but it is at least something else to try.