I have been browsing various websites and am intrigued by some of the Python
scripts I see offered.  However, to date, I don't seem to be able to get
Python or any scripts working on my system.  Right now, I'm running Gimp 2.6.6
on Windows XP.  I am particularly interested in getting the Publish to Web
script working.

In reviewing some of the instructions on installing Publish to Web, I see
that Python has to be installed on my system, so, I downloaded it, ran the
installer, and Python shows up in my Windows start-->all programs menu, but I
don't see a Python directory in my Gimp directory tree, and, of course, py
scripts are not being recognized by Gimp.

I am obviously on the wrong track here, and, not being a programmer have lost
my way.

Advice would be much appreciated.