Hi Jay,

On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 12:58 AM, Jay Smith <j...@jaysmith.com> wrote:
> Hi David,
> If convenient, please advise me of the bug number on this so that I can
> track it.  Thank you very much.

> Related to the "bug", I hope you also noted the problem that there is no
> Preferences option of using "black" as the default for newly created images.
> You said...
>> BTW, floating before rotating is NOT how I would do this.
> Please share your reasons why you would not do that.
Because it's far far far far far far slower and more laborious than
the method I went on to describe. There is no comparison.

> (All the other mucking around [alpha channel, add layer, etc.] may seem
> simple to Gimpers, but please do it 10,000 times and then tell me how
> you feel about it -- We have so far scanned & edited over 50,000 such
> images in Photoshop and have more than double that number yet to go.)
50,000 images? or 50,000 stamps?
The procedure I described would only need to be done once for each
image, not for each stamp-rotation. It is far more streamlined, if you
typically rotate several stamps out of every single image that you