> Chris <> wrote:
>> I'm running 2.6.1 because it came from Ubuntu's repos, and documentation
>> seems
>> to be non-existent for it. So I'm using 2.6.6 docs and tuts, and stumbling
>> around menus looking for similar options. Until now Google has helped a bit,
>> but I can't find "Selection from Alpha" anywhere.  Insight?
> Image: Layer -> Transparency -> Alpha to Selection
> The various sub-versions of 2.6 are only bug fixing versions, thus the
> documentation is the same.
I would add that I always enable backports in ubuntu in order to keep
up-to-date with the latest releases of gimp [1]. They say on on the
ubuntu site how enabling backports might make ubuntu less stable, but in
my experience it tends to be the other way round.

Of course, 9.04's out now as well, which will included a more recent
version of Gimp.

David Marrs

---AV & Spam Filtering by M+Guardian - Risk Free Email (TM)---