>I am running Gimp 2.6.6 in both Windows XP and Ubuntu (was 8.10, just
upgraded
>to 9.04).
>
>It runs fine and I am quite happy with it.
So am I (use Ubuntu 9.04 too).

>Since I just installed the upgrade to Ubuntu yesterday, I'm a little
hesitant
>to try the Gimp compile just yet, but am still curious what I will find in
>that version that is not in my present setup.
>
>Can anyone comment?

I wrote the article just to show how to use git & compile a GIMP yourself. I
don't know if it's worth that, but for instance you may be interested in the
current status of tagged resources and rotatable brushes (work fairly well, as
I have seen).

Also note that, of course, the versions from Git are not suitable for
production use.

--
Richard H. (via www.gimpusers.com)