David,

I renamed my ~/.gimp-x.x  directories so Gimp would start up recreating
the vanilla settings.

All brushes and all scale (initial scale setting is 1.0) variations
cause this error.

I guess if I want the wacom to be anything but another mouse I will have
to bite the bullet and compile my own Gimp 2.6 or wait for an AMD64
Debian Lenny upgrade to 2.6.   Not the end of the world, I had my own
compile of 2.3 at one time.

Thanks
Stephen

--