I renamed my ~/.gimp-x.x  directories so Gimp would start up recreating
the vanilla settings.

All brushes and all scale (initial scale setting is 1.0) variations
cause this error.

I guess if I want the wacom to be anything but another mouse I will have
to bite the bullet and compile my own Gimp 2.6 or wait for an AMD64
Debian Lenny upgrade to 2.6.   Not the end of the world, I had my own
compile of 2.3 at one time.

David Gowers wrote:
> On Sun, May 10, 2009 at 11:32 PM, stephen moss <swm...@alumni.uwo.ca> wrote:
> Please indicate what brush you have selected (and the 'brush scale'
> parameter in the tool options -- I *think* that was in GIMP 2.4).
> It could easily be something as simple as having the brush scale
> cranked down to invisible levels.
> Alexia Death had fixed that bug by GIMP 2.6+ (or maybe that was me.
> anyway she committed the patch), so if this is the problem, please
> consider upgrading to the latest in the 2.6 series, it mostly keeps
> you from having pointlessly small brush scale.

Stephen Moss
Retired Tech Rat
off the wheel and into the ball