Hi Elwin, GimpUsers:

That's two great suggestions. I wasn't aware of the Navigation Dialog,
even though I saw it in Windows/Dockable Dialogs. Whenever I saw the
icons (a "t" with arrows) I just thought of the "Move" tool and never
selected it. I've read tutorials where they suggest the New View.

Thanks for the additional knowledge.