Hi David, gimp-users,

>> Is it possible to copy a "layer mask" from one layer to another layer?
> Yes, make it so that you are editing the layer mask on both, then
> select all and Copy from one and Paste to the other.

I was going to ask, "What if the layers are different images?", but I
just tried it, and only the layer mask was copied/pasted.

I just became aware of Edit > Buffer, and I see the layer mask in the
Buffers Dialog too.  Do Gimp users use the Buffer a lot?  I seems like
a nice little work area repository.

I'm trying to think of all the various things I may want to copy.
Paths and Channels comes to mind. I see on the Path Dialog, on the
right-click, there is Copy Path and Paste Path. But there isn't
something similar on the Channels Dialog. I'm still trying to get a
stronger understanding of Paths and Channels, so maybe there wouldn't
be a need to copy/paste a Channel.  But, if there were, how would you
do it?

Thank you.