On Sun, 07 Jun 2009 17:33:32 +0200 (CEST)
"John R." <for...@gimpusers.com> wrote:

> With an opened photo, the "filters" section runs ok.  However,
> "tools" and "colors" crashes Gimp with a Windows message that the
> "program has stopped working".  Downloaded/installed Gimp 2 times
> with same problem.

   I don't know what version of GIMP you are running...but GIMP 2.6.6
under Linux (Debian) Squeeze does a similar thing. It locks up Linux
so tight I have to do alt-sysrequest and reboot. Check the GIMP help
"about" menu to find out what version you have. I have posted this
problem on the Debian mailing list but got no advice or answers.
Maybe I'll file a bug but it seems no one else is having the problem
under Linux anyway.

Frank McCormick <bea...@videotron.ca>