On Sunday 19 July 2009 04:22:39 pm laurenp...@aol.com wrote:
> I'm a beginner and need to learn the basics. If there are
> tutorials where can I find them?

There are lots of tutorials floating around, but I find the old book
_Grokking the Gimp_ or the newer book _The Artist's Guide to Gimp
Effects_ the tutorials I look at most often. No, they aren't cheap.
The complete manual is also available both for purchase and for
download but it is more of a reference book, going 850 pages or so.

If you Google on Gimp Tutorial you will get many answers but some
are pretty obsolete (like 2002).

John Culleton
Create Book Covers with Scribus/e-book $5.95