John Culleton wrote:
On Tuesday 21 July 2009 01:58:33 pm James Cobban wrote:

I am trying to combine images scanned from microfilm in the case
where the lens on the microfilm scanner is too powerful to permit
me to scan an entire page into a single image file.  I believe
that this application is similar to trying to create a landscape
from multiple photographs.

This is described well in "The Artist's Guide to Gimp Effects", page
47.  Basically it involves applying a gradient to a layer mask.

Thank you.  As is often the case with documentation, the trick is learning what words the documentation uses to describe a feature.

--
Jim Cobban   jamescob...@sympatico.ca
34 Palomino Dr.