>On 08/12/2009 01:28 AM, Mary Dargis wrote:
>> hi,
>> I have a new hp laptop running vista x64
>> i have installed and uninstalled gimp a few times and keep getting the
>> message that gimp has stopped working.
>
>The Windows installers for GIMP 2.6.5 and GIMP 2.6.6 is packaged wrongly
>and will only keep from crashing with luck.
>
>You should either use GIMP 2.6.4 or wait for GIMP 2.6.7 to be released,
>which should be soonish.
>
>  / Martin

Hi Mary,

You asked for some help with installing 2.6.4 I think.

Go here
http://www.gimptalk.com/forum/gimptalk-glossary-&-faq-look-here-before-asking?-t26068.html

and scroll down to "how to do a clean install of GIMP"
and follow the steps. If step 1 is confusing just do the steps after you've
just started up your computer. You can skip step 1 if you do it when you've
just started up your computer.

At step 7 you need to download version 2.6.4 that you can find here
http://www.filehippo.com/download_the_gimp/5072/

Hope this helps!

jolie

--