On 09/04/2009 08:27 AM, Ilya Zakharevich wrote:
> On 2009-08-28, Greg Chapman <gregtu...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>>> I find it annoying that there
>>> appears to be no selection tool that turns off all tools.
>> I am confused by this feature request.
>> The GIMP is an image editing package not an image display package.
> Wrong.  GIMP is a package for whatever the *USER* decides it is going
> to use GIMP for.  And an absence of a convenient non-destructive tool
> is a major misfeature.

Whether the absence of such a tool is a misfeature has to be argued
from a product vision [1] perspective. That is, if having such a
tool would help us fulfill our product vision, we should add it.

 / Martin

[1] http://gui.gimp.org/index.php/GIMP_UI_Redesign#product_vision

My GIMP Blog (new post 0 days ago):