>GIMP layers are like objects also, it seems to me.
>  -- Select rectangle; C-c; C-v; Bucket fill->foreground-> whole selection
Thank you, but it will work only for selections(so it wont work with brush
strokes I think) rectangle was just an example.

>So if you do 200 brush strokes you have 200 layers?
Yes, I _can_ have 200 layers(but I dont have to).
I just can make new layer, then brush stroke and layer borders will be
resized to brush stroke. I can do a few more strokes in same layer and layer
border will cover only strokes borders. In gimp, as far as I know, I need to
declare size of layer before I do stroke.

New Photo-Paint layer is just "empty", I can draw crazy things, select my
layer and make mask of these "crazy" paintings. I think I cant do that in
Gimp.

Do many strokes with many curves, circles etc in one layer. Then try to make
mask from these strokes, fill them all with gradient. In corel its something
like that: object border->layer border->selection border->mask(could be, dont
have to). So I can make selection from layer borders and voila! Maybe I'm
missing something but I can't find a way to do it in Gimp.

I don't know, maybe its not common feature, anyway I find it very useful, I
dont expect to get free, professional program, I am just asking :)

--
wiorys (via www.gimpusers.com)