Hi Gimp-user,

I took a screenshot of a region using KSnapshot, and saved it as a
png.  I know I can take a screenshot with Gimp, but KSnapshot sits in
the tray and is always there.  Sometimes I take a snapshot of a debug
or error window when I can't grab the text, and use it temporarily
while debugging. This screenshot I wanted to keep. :-)

I opened the screenshot in Gimp and saved it as another name, but
still a png.  I then scaled the image by 80% to reduce the size,
and saved the file as a png.

KSnapshot png save: 70k
Gimp png save: 68k
Gimp scale png: 263k

When I saved in Gimp, the Compression was at level 9, and no
checkboxes were checked.

What am I missing here, why does the scaled version of the png have a
larger file size?

Thank you.