First of all, I am completely new to both Gimp and Python.

I've installed Python and everything else that is needed for Gimp several
times, but when I go to install Gimp, the Python components are always grayed
out in the custom installation and therefore will not be installed.

I've followed all the instructions for installing Python, Pycairo, Pygobject,
and PyGTK, and have tested Python and found it working as it should, but
Gimp just does not see it on the system.

FYI, I am running Windows 7 Ultimate.

Does anyone have any ideas as to why Gimp does not
recognize that Python is installed on the system?

I'd appreciate any help. Thanks.

Don K. (via www.gimpusers.com)