On Wed, 4 Nov 2009 22:32:33 +0100, Martijn Weisbeek wrote:

> Because I was curious about what registry entry the installer looks
> for I downloaded some NSIS-source files of the Windows-installer for
> GIMP.
> At SourceForge I found a file with a name of
> gimp+gtk-install-script-20061018.zip. 2006 sounds pretty old to me,
> but it was the most recent I could find.

The most recent installer source is
http://sourceforge.net/projects/gimp-win/files/GIMP%20%2B%20GTK%2B%20(stable%20release)/GIMP%202.6.5%20%2B%20GTK%2B%202.14.7/gimp-install-script-20090321.zip/download

And it's Inno, not NSIS - I'm not masochistic.

> Perhaps one could also use a registry monitor to see what exact
> Registry key a more recent GIMP version is checking.

Same as the script you found, except that it looks for Python 2.5 and 2.6
(GIMP 2.6 installers support both Python versions).

--
< Jernej Simončič ><><><><>< http://eternallybored.org/ >