On Sat, 2009-11-14 at 20:50 +0100, Tadas wrote:
> Hello,
> Could you tell me if it's possible to make something like blurring image
> using "surface blur" (in PS4)filter  in GIMP? I didn't find anything similar
> in GIMP filters so maybe there is a plug-in which lets to do it?
> Surface blur is the filter which I was using in PS4 to automatically blur out
> of focus areas (it reduces noise much better than other filters for me) and
> not to blur sharp areas. I liked it because noise reduction filter blurred
> everything and I wanted to have still sharp image with reduced noise. But now
> I'm GIMP user. :) Everything is pretty good here, but "surface blur" is the
> function I miss. So I would be very grateful if you tell me if it's available
> in GIMP as plug-in or I simply don't find that function in GIMP.

The Selective Gaussian Blur plug-in might be able to provide a similar
result ( see http://docs.gimp.org/en/filters-blur.html ).


Gimp-user mailing list

Reply via email to