On Friday 27 November 2009, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
> Hi,
> Is anybody using here GIMP in science or medicine? If yes, how? What
> tools, plug-ins and scripts do you use?

Not a real answer to the question, but as soon as (semi-)automatic image
analysis, registering or measuring areas, distances, etc. are concerned, I'd
recommend ImageJ (or Fiji) instead.  I use GIMP only for artistic purposes,
which can include preparing "scientific" images for publication, of course,
adding notes, montaging images together, etc.