Hi,

Please forgive me if this is a stupid question as am new to
the whole colour management thing.  I have downloaded what
purports to be an sRGB colour checker image in png format
along with the list of RGB values that should be represented
in each square. If I use the colour picker and its info
window then when a given colour patch is "clicked" the info
window reports RGB values that are at most 1 or 2 away from
what the table suggests they should be.  Is the picker
reporting what it "expects to find" or is it reporting what
is actually being displayed by my monitor.  If the former
then I am barking up the wrong tree, if not then I may be
getting close.

TIA

Francesco

The information in this e-mail and any attachments is
confidential and is intended for the attention and use of the
named addressee(s).  It  must not be disclosed to any other
person  without our authority.  If you are not the intended
recipient, or a person responsible for delivering it to
the intended recipient or are aware that this e-mail has been
sent to you in error, you are not authorised to and must not
disclose, copy, distribute, or retain this message or any part of it.

We sweep all outgoing messages for the presence of computer
viruses. However, we cannot accept any responsibility for any
loss or damage to your systems due to viruses or malicious
code not detected.

The statements and opinions expressed in this message are
those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of the
organisations within the Cornwall & Isles of Scilly Health
Community.

This email may be disclosed under the Freedom of Information
Act 2000 or the Environmental Information Regulations 2004.